We’re anxiously awaiting the opening at Oscar’s steakhouse at Plaza. Despite initial plans to open in November, the official opening date is now set for Dec. 15. Additional noteworthy details from a flurry of articles from AP, Vegas Inc. and the LA Times include these nuggets:
- The restaurant’s tagline is Beef, Booze and Broads. (Ignore reports that this has replaced Oscar’s as the actual name. Not true.)
- For the cost of drinks and/or dinner, guests can choose to be joined by a
whoreclassy, intelligent and attractive dining companion.
- Featured cocktails will include the No-bama, a whiskey drink named in honor of former mayor and restaurant namesake Oscar Goodman’s verbal feud with President Obama.
- Goodman doesn’t have an ownership stake. He’s merely licensing his name. However, he is expected to make frequent appearances.
- The neighboring Italian restaurant will be called Simpatico.